admin | March 3, 2023
Like this week’s story from Ghana, our Script of the week talks about women being educated and working in non-traditional vocations. This edition’s script is a series of 11 radio spots.
Over the years, the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector in Ghana has been male-dominated, with few opportunities for young women. But recently, there have been opportunities that women can tap into to earn higher incomes—just like their male counterparts.
These radio spots focus on the following topics:
1. Funding opportunities for training
2. Benefits of employing women
3. Employment opportunities
4. Choosing a skilled career after high school
5. ICT careers for women
6. Internship and job opportunities
7. Dealing with parental biases
8. Extreme family stereotypes against females
9. Unacceptability of men’s behaviour
10. Reasons for poor enrollment
11. Role models boost women’s interest in skilled careers
The spots vary in length from 30-60 seconds and can be played multiple times during programs and throughout the programming schedule to educate parents, young women, and the general public about the opportunities available for women in TVET.