admin | April 4, 2022
This programming guide from UN Women discusses the connections between gender equality and sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health. It provides practical guidance and tools to understand the influence of gender inequality on sexual and reproductive health, and how to integrate gender equality into programming.
The resource also includes information on:
- How gender is a determinant of sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health.
- How gender inequality affects the way health services are planned, delivered, and experienced.
- Women’s rights and the right to health.
- Types of interventions to address gender inequality.
- Actions to support human-rights-based and gender-responsive interventions to improve gender equality and sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health.
This resource is available in English, French, and Spanish.
To access the resource, go to: https://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2019/06/promoting-gender-equality-in-srmncah