admin | September 28, 2015
HREA is an international non-governmental and non-profit organization that:
- supports human rights education
- trains human rights defenders and professional groups
- develops educational materials and programming
The organization is offering a course on reporting conflicts. Participants who enrol in the Reporting conflicts: International humanitarian law for media professionals course will learn about the principles and application of international humanitarian law (IHL), including how IHL is enforced, and which groups are afforded special protections. Frequent self-assessments will reinforce the lessons and help participants measure their progress. Scenario-based assignments engage participants in solving specific problems and point toward useful resources.
This free self-directed e-course is meant primarily for journalists and media professionals, but can be taken by anyone with an interest in the principles and application of IHL.
To enrol, go to: http://www.hrea.org/learn/elearning/reporting-conflicts/
- Fill out the New Account form with your details.
- An email will be immediately sent to your email address.
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
Then select the course you want to participate in.