Nelly Bassily | December 17, 2012
The Reuters Journalism Programme, operating out of London, New York, and Singapore, is seeking candidates with the drive to become first-rate journalists and the skill to connect news events with the dynamics of international financial markets.
Trainees will receive several weeks of intensive classroom training and then be placed in professional newsrooms. Journalists who meet the performance standards will move to staff positions.
Qualifications for the program are as follows:
– Early-career journalists and financial professionals or final year students/recent graduates of journalism, economics, business, or languages
– A passion for journalism, with evidence of editorial work experience
– Fluency in more than one language is a distinct advantage. Arabic, Russian, Mandarin, or German are particularly welcome.
– A proven interest in financial news and grasp of key economic trends
– A strong academic record at the bachelor’s or master’s degree level
The deadline to apply is December 31.
For more information, click here.