admin | November 10, 2023
Within the context of the Yenkasa Africa initiative, FAO, in partnership with Digital Green and the College of Development Communication at the University of the Philippines Los Baños, is promoting a virtual training series on participatory video in agrifood systems and digital environments open to practitioners committed to systematically applying PV to advance sustainable agrifood systems. An online regional training program for will be delivered through the Yenkasa Africa initiative on 20, 22, 24, 28 and 30 November 2023 from 13:00 to 15:30 CET.
The five-day training is delivered in English and does not require previous experience in participatory video making. Each of the five sessions will last 2.5 hours, and all participants are expected to attend all training sessions to receive a certificate of training completion. Moreover, participants will be automatically enrolled to a dedicated Community of Practice, a space for experience-sharing, networking, and collaboration.
The training will cover:
- Participatory video in development
- Participatory video production
- Pre-production: Participatory Rural Communication Appraisals, scripts and storyboards
- Production and Post-production: Rules and techniques of video production, audiovisual elements and editing
- Sharing participatory video
- Organizing and programming events, in person or online
- Group and individual learning techniques
- Follow-up and evaluation
For further information, please contact ComDev@fao.org
The deadline to apply is November 13, 2023.