admin | October 9, 2017
Professional journalists are invited to submit work covering migrant workers’ contributions, conditions, and struggles to an international competition with two categories:
- written submissions (up to 8,000 words)
- photo journalism, audio, or video (up to 10 minutes)
Entries should address issues such as:
- Migrant workers’ contributions to the social and economic development of their countries of origin and destination.
- Protection of migrants’ labour rights.
- Recognition of migrant workers’ skills and their integration into the labour market.
- Migrant workers in irregular situations, including forced labour, child labour, and trafficking.
- Working conditions of migrant workers (wages, working time, safety and health concerns).
- Forced labour, child labour, and trafficking situations.
- Fair recruitment of migrant workers (guided by the General Principles and Operational Guidelines on Fair Recruitment).
Entries in a language other than English, Spanish, or French must include a translation. Four winners will receive US $1,000.
The deadline to apply is Oct. 27, 2017.
For more information about the contest and entry requirements, please see: