admin | March 1, 2021
Advocacy Assembly is offering a wide range of free, online, self-directed courses for journalists. The courses aim to help journalists learn new skills in data management, security, social media, privacy, human rights reporting, and more.
All courses are taught by professionals in the field and accompanied by supporting resources.
Some of the available courses include:
- Cleaning and analyzing data
- Documenting and reporting human rights abuses using testimony
- Data gathering for beginners
- Staying safe online and using social media
- Developing smart goals for successful strategies
- Risk assessments for freelance journalists
- Making your own podcast
- Right to privacy: introduction and principles
- Recognizing and responding to online gender-based violence
- Interviews for investigative journalists
The courses are available in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Persian.
To access and enroll in the courses, go to: https://advocacyassembly.org/en/courses/