admin | October 26, 2023
To mark its 20th anniversary in 2024, Earth Journalism Network Reporting (EJN) is pleased to announce the launch of a new year-long fellowship program for journalists which will enhance reporting over four priority areas — climate change, biodiversity, the ocean and One Health.
EJN is seeking four exceptional environmental reporters for a new fellowship initiative, which will provide journalistic training and mentorship, a quarterly salary stipend, and funding for story production, travel and professional development opportunities. Each of these four Fellows will primarily focus on a different area of environmental journalism — climate change, biodiversity, the ocean and One Health — and will develop their skills and networks to become leaders in these reporting spaces. EJN Reporting Fellows will also have the opportunity to broaden their understanding and produce stories in the other three thematic areas.
One fellowship will be awarded for each thematic area of reporting, and interested journalists must indicate which fellowship they wish to apply for. EJN Fellows that are awarded this first-of-its-kind opportunity will:
- Attend an orientation workshop hosted by EJN to strengthen their reporting skills and meet the other participating Fellows;
- Receive mentorship from senior journalists with expertise in each thematic area to provide 1-1 guidance, reporters’ resources and editorial support for their reporting;
- Build thematic expertise by learning from and interviewing experts in all four focus areas;
- Hone reporting skills through training on data journalism, Mojo, solutions journalism, fact checking, data visualization and more;
- Receive a quarterly stipend of 6,000 EUR to cover expenses for story production and the Fellows’ time;
- Receive 6,000 EUR per Fellow to cover travel to conferences, travel for story production, professional development opportunities and more;
- Engage in peer-to-peer learning and exchange.
The application deadline is Nov. 16 2023. For more information, go to: 2024 EJN Reporting Fellowships | Earth Journalism Network