admin | July 13, 2015
Health officials in Democratic Republic of Congo are investigating a possible outbreak of Ebola in Bandundu province, more than 400 kilometres northeast of the capital, Kinshasa.
There have been previous outbreaks of the disease in DRC. Forty-nine people died last year in an outbreak unrelated to the West African epidemic.
Eugene Kabambi is a spokesperson for WHO in Congo. Mr. Kabambi says he doesn’t know how many suspected cases there were or when they were first reported.
DRC’s Minister of Health has called an emergency meeting on the suspected outbreak. Lomamy Kalema Shodu is a medical adviser at the health ministry. He says that the government is treating the situation very seriously.
To read the full article, go to: http://www.trust.org/item/20150702154620-a62vq/
Photo credit: AFP-JIJI