admin | August 2, 2020
Our Farmer story this week from Kenya addresses teen pregnancy and the use of contraceptives. This can be a sensitive topic to discuss, but it’s one that affects youth and their families everywhere. Our backgrounder on the use of contraceptives in schools was written for a project in Burkina Faso, but it has information relevant to your area as well, including:
- What is contraception?
- What are the barriers to contraceptive use by school-aged children?
- What are the consequences of unwanted pregnancies?
- What are different contraceptive methods?
- How can young people avoid unwanted early pregnancy?
- How is society affected by the non-use of contraceptives?
When talking about pregnancy or any other health-related condition, it’s important to approach the topic sensitively. We have written a Broadcaster how-to guide for dealing with sensitive issues on air. Read it here: http://scripts.farmradio.fm/radio-resource-packs/111-farm-radio-resource-pack/bh2-deal-sensitive-issues-air/