admin | September 15, 2023
Managing livestock diseases: Mycoplasmosis and coccidiosis
This edition’s story from Nigeria highlights the work of veterinary paraprofessionals, or VPPs.
Two animal diseases that VPPs frequently encounter are mycoplasmosis and coccidiosis.
Mycoplasmosis and coccidiosis affect poultry, cattle, sheep and goats. This backgrounder gives broadcasters the information to help their listeners understand:
- How to recognize the symptoms of the two diseases.
- The impacts of the diseases on livestock.
- What measures to take to prevent infection.
- What measures to take to prevent transmission and spread of the diseases.
- When animals are most susceptible.
- How mycoplasmosis and coccidiosis are transmitted.
- The big challenges to preventing the two diseases.
: Managing livestock diseases: Mycoplasmosis and coccidiosis