admin | October 10, 2021
The World Health Organization (WHO) has a series of plain language resources that explain the what, how, and why of vaccines. A resource called, “The effects of virus variants on COVID-19 vaccines,” answers the following questions:
- What causes a virus to change to a new variant?
- What impact do the new variants of the COVID-19 virus have on vaccines?
- What is WHO doing to monitor and understand the impact of virus variants on the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines?
- How can we prevent future new variants of the COVID-19 virus?
- Why is it important to get vaccinated even if there are new variants of the virus?
This resource includes multiple videos in English.
The resource is also available in Arabic, Cantonese, English, French, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
To access the content, click on: https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-effects-of-virus-variants-on-covid-19-vaccines