admin | August 8, 2022
Gender-based violence is one of the many symptoms of gender inequality. This series of videos from the United Nations Population Fund helps to answer the following questions about gender inequality:
- What is gender inequality?
- What is a social norm?
- What is the role of law reforms?
- Which are the processes leading to social changes?
Watch the full series of videos by clicking on the links below:
- Dynamics of a social norm: female genital mutilation
- From gender inequality to shared positive social norms
- Legislation as a tool for behavioural and social change
- Collective consensus and harmful norms shift: transformative elements for change
To watch these videos in another language, press play, then click the symbol that looks like a gear in the bottom right-hand corner. Then, click “Subtitles” and select the language of your preference.
Photo: Participants gather in advance of a procession in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to mark the 2015 launch of 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence. The launch was organized by Women in Law and Development in Africa, Tanzania Chapter. Credit: Jessica Padron for USAID Tanzania.