admin | February 4, 2022
The World Health Organization (WHO) has a series of plain language resources that explain the what, how, and why of vaccines. The resource “vaccine efficacy, effectiveness and protection” answers the following questions:
- What is vaccine efficacy and how is it different from vaccine effectiveness?
- Why do we need to get multiple doses of the vaccine?
- Why should we get the vaccine if we can still get sick when we are fully vaccinated?
- Is getting vaccinated all we need to do to stop COVID-19 infection and transmission?
- Will the vaccine protect us against COVID-19 variants?
The resource is available in Arabic, English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, and Russian. It can be accessed at this link: https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/vaccine-efficacy-effectiveness-and-protection