admin | October 30, 2017
This week’s Resource is a Broadcaster how-to guide about interviewing experts.
How can effectively interviewing experts help me serve my listeners better?
– It ensures that my listeners get the most relevant and up-to-date information.
– It reinforces listeners’ knowledge and experience by referring to research and technical information, or to valuable traditional knowledge.
– It can give listeners more confidence that they are using effective farming practices, or help them change less effective practices.
– It can help listeners gain new knowledge and understand new practices.
– It can encourage listeners to speak to extension officers and other experts in their communities.
How can it help me produce better programs?
– It encourages collaboration between the radio team and experts.
– It ensures the regular participation of experts in my radio programs.
This BH2 has 10 sections, including:
1. Be prepared
2. Beginnings and endings
3. Be respectful
4. Use good interviewing techniques
5. Is there a difference between interviews with experts and interviews with farmers?
6. Conflicts of interest, different perspectives on knowledge
8. Navigating traditional customs and other kinds of barriers to a good interview
9. Men interviewing women and women interviewing men
10. Build the relationship
To read the Broadcaster how-to guide, please see: http://scripts.farmradio.fm/radio-resource-packs/106-farm-radio-resource-pack/interviewing-experts-best-practices-broadcasters-experts/