The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) invites women in leadership roles in the media to apply for 10 postgraduate scholarships to study media management at Rhodes University’s Sol Plaatje Institute, in South Africa.
Applicants can be from Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Candidates must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
This one-year, full-time program covers the following subjects:
• media economics and financial management;
• media markets, audiences, and advertising;
• managing media content;
• managing circulation and distribution;
• media management and leadership;
• media management contexts, policy, and institutions;
• new media and convergence; and
• human resources management.
The program also includes a mid-year management internship.
The OSISA scholarships cover tuition, accommodation, and meals at a university residence, a monthly allowance, and internship costs. Employers of successful candidates, or the candidates themselves, must cover travel costs to and from the university.
The deadline to apply is noon on Nov. 24, 2017.
For more information, please see: https://www.ru.ac.za/spi/latestnews/2018osisascholarshipsforafricanwomenmedialeadersatrhodes.html