admin | October 10, 2021
Global Fact 8, an annual conference organized by the International Fact-Checking Network, will run from Oct 20 until Oct 23, 2021. Anyone interested in fact-checking can attend this free, online event.
The conference will feature more than 70 speakers from around the world discussing the present and the future of fact-checking, including:
- Harassment against fact-checkers
- Regional collaboration among fact-checkers
- Media literacy in the age of COVID-19
- Fact-checking data through ClaimReview
- The importance of good national statistics for fact-checkers
- Commercializing fact-checking as a service
- Fact-checking when democracy is under threat
General sessions are free for members of the public. Some private sessions are exclusive to International Fact-Checking Network’s verified signatory organizations.
The events will take place in English, with simultaneous translation into Spanish and Portuguese. All sessions will be live streamed at https://globalfact8.com/.
For more information, and to register, go to: https://globalfact8.com/.