The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program offers a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional collaboration in the United States. The fellowship provides opportunities to attend university courses, conferences, and workshops.
Successful candidates use media to encourage development in their country and can report on a wide range of topics. Applicants can work in print, broadcast, or online platforms.
Mid-career journalism and communication professionals with limited experience in the United States are encouraged to apply. Managers of public or internal communications for non-governmental organizations, state-run media, governmental agencies, and private business enterprises can also apply.
For a list of the more than 40 countries in sub-Saharan Africa where journalists are encouraged to apply, see https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/sub-saharan-africa 
The fellowship includes:
· Payment of university tuition and fees
· Pre-academic English language training
· A living allowance and a one-time settling-in allowance
· Accident and sickness coverage
· A book allowance
· A one-time computer subsidy
· Air travel to and from the US and domestic travel to required program events
· A professional development allowance for activities such as field trips and conferences.
Applicants must have:
· An undergraduate degree
· Minimum of five years’ full-time professional experience
· Limited or no prior experience in the United States
· English fluency
· Demonstrated leadership qualities
· Commitment to public service in the community
Application deadlines vary by country, closing at the end of September 2018.
For more information, please see https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/