admin | September 24, 2018
The Global Health Reporting Contest aims to increase the quality and quantity of health coverage on four continents by offering journalists specialized training and access to leading experts.
Six selected journalists from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and sub-Saharan Africa will participate in a 12-day study tour in the United States. They will also receive cash prizes.
To qualify, journalists must submit stories that have been published, broadcast, or posted online between January 1 and October 7, 2018. Contest topics may include, but are not limited to:
– Reducing maternal, infant, and child mortality
– Reducing disease transmission from mother to child
– Preventing malnutrition
– Improving delivery of care and infrastructure for maternal and child health
– Responses to the Ebola epidemic
– Innovative approaches to delivery of vaccines.
Submissions will be accepted in English, French, Hindi, Mandarin/Cantonese, Portuguese, and Russian.
Deadline for applications is Oct. 7.
To learn more about the contest, go to: https://www.icfj.org/our-work/global-health-reporting-contest
To learn more about last year’s winners, go to: https://www.icfj.org/news/journalists-six-countries-honored-outstanding-health-reporting