admin | December 21, 2020
Gender equality is a fundamental human right. Yet despite progress, women and girls around the world do not experience full equality. Women are underrepresented in power and decision-making roles. They often have unequal access to resources, including land, agricultural inputs, and markets. They continue to be targets of physical and sexual abuse.
For four weeks, Farm Radio International will be offering an e-discussion for broadcasters and stakeholders on gender, from January 11 to February 5.
The e-discussion will focus on topics such as:
- Understanding gender equality
- How gender equality is addressed in radio programming, specifically in farmer programs
- The challenges women face with regard to gender equality
- How to improve women’s participation in radio programs
- What strategies can be put in place to ensure gender equality at home and in the workplace
We will tackle these topics in a facilitated online discussion. The discussion will be in both English and French.
To sign up for the e-Discussion, go to: http://discussion.farmradio.fm/gender
You can also join the e-discussion WhatsApp group here
The discussion begins January 11, 2021. SAVE THE DATE!