Media companies, non-profit organizations, freelancers, and staff journalists are invited to enter a competition that celebrates outstanding work in data-driven journalism.
The 2018 Data Journalism Awards offer cash prizes to one winner in each of the following 12 categories:
• Data visualization of the year
• Investigation of the year
• News data app of the year
• Data journalism website of the year
• Best use of data in a breaking news story
• Open data award
• Best individual portfolio
• Best data journalism team
• Innovation in data journalism
• Small newsrooms
• Student and young data journalist of the year
• Public choice.
Each winner will receive US$1801. Why $1,801? Because it was in the year 1801 that William Playfair allegedly invented the pie chart.
Submissions to the competition must have been published or aired between April 14, 2017 and March 26, 2018. Application forms must be completed in English. Work that was published or broadcast in languages other than English must be accompanied by an English presentation of the project.
The award ceremony will take place May 31, 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal, during the Global Editors Network Summit.
The deadline to submit an entry is March 26, 2018.
For more information, please see: https://www.datajournalismawards.org/