The fourth annual Data Journalism Awards are organized by the Global Editors Network  and sponsored by the Knight Foundation and Google. Ten 1,500 euro prizes are available to award winners. Media companies, non-profit organizations, freelancers and staff journalists are encouraged to enter the competition.
The award categories are:
- data visualization of the year
- investigation of the year
- news data app of the year
- data journalism website of the year
- best individual portfolio
- best use of data in a breaking news story
- open data award
- best entry from a small newsroom
- general excellence (jurors’ choice), and
- public choice.
Submissions must have been published or aired between April 10, 2014 and April 4, 2015 and must be in English. Entries in other languages must be accompanied by an English translation.
The award ceremony will take place on June 18, 2015 in Barcelona, Spain during the annual Global Editors Network Summit .
The deadline for submissions is April 10, 2015.
For more information, go to: https://www.globaleditorsnetwork.org/programmes/data-journalism-awards/