admin | February 16, 2015
Barely a week after signing a ceasefire deal designed to end 15 months of conflict, rebels attacked two towns last week.
Philip Aguer is a spokesperson for South Sudan’s army. He said the attacks occurred in Unity and Upper Nile States, both in the north of the country. He said the army has repulsed the rebels, but that fighting was still raging in Upper Nile.
Thousands of people have been killed and over a million have fled their homes since fighting erupted in South Sudan in December 2013.
Last week, the United Nations said that donors have pledged more than $500 million U.S. in aid this year to fund the emergency response in South Sudan.
To read the full article, go to: http://www.trust.org/item/20150210200951-ofhgy/