Running a radio quiz
A radio quiz can be very entertaining, and is a great way to encourage audience participation. Quizzes are also one way to evaluate the effectiveness of your radio program at clearly delivering key messages to your listeners.
This Broadcaster how-to (BH2) is a guide for running quizzes as part of a regular farmer or rural livelihoods program. Quizzes can be conducted during the phone-in or phone-out segment of the program or recorded in the field and edited in studio. Broadcasters could also invite farmers into the studio to compete live on air.
The BH2 covers a variety of topics, including:
• Planning how to integrate a quiz into the program
• Choosing a format for the quiz
• Drafting the quiz questions
• Practice running the quiz
• Incorporating music and sound effects