African Science Desk call for pitches
The African Academy of Sciences, the African Federation of Science journalists, and the South African Science Journalists Association are looking to fund TV documentaries, short videos, explainers, short- or long-form investigative reports, and data stories for local or global news outlets. The project is focused in Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, and South Africa, and the selected journalists will be paired with senior science journalists internationally, who will provide mentorship.
Pitches are being accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed on the 5th of each month through mid-2019.
Pitches should focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Health and wellbeing
- Environment and climate change
- Social sciences and humanities
- Natural sciences and policy / governance
Pitches should be no longer than one page and include:
- A target list of interviewees
- Examples of previous work, including three science stories
- A proposed budget (of less than $700 US)
- A letter of support from an editor
- Biographical information or CV
For more information please visit: https://www.aasciences.ac.ke/aesa/programmes/africa-science-desk/call-for-pitches/
Applications should be submitted to: